2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
It’s that time of the year again where we will be opening applications for the 2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program very soon. Please take the time to read the information here carefully before you consider applying.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2017) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our information night
Date: 22nd November 2016
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explore the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms are available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 23 November to the 20 December 2016. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2016.
2018 ELGP Participants revealed
2018 ELGP Cohort Revealed In our sixth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance program. These participants are provided with scholarships to attend the program due to the funding provided by Community Partners. As you’ll read below, this group has exceptional professional skills and […]
What No One Tells You about Young Leaders on Boards (Annual Report Released)
When we commenced the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program in 2013 there were a number of assessments about why young leaders couldn’t be directors on Aged Care and Community Boards. These assessments included how they had no experience, how they may be unreliable and why they weren’t interested in aged […]
ELGP Applications Now Open
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the next Emerging Leaders in Governance program (Feb – May 2018). Please circulate this to your networks. The application form can be accessed here. Please ensure you have read the Program Prospectus before applying. Applications are open until the 20th December 2017. […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW