2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
It’s that time of the year again where we will be opening applications for the 2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program very soon. Please take the time to read the information here carefully before you consider applying.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2017) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our information night
Date: 22nd November 2016
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explore the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms are available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 23 November to the 20 December 2016. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2016.
CONGRATULATIONS! To the 2018 Winners and Finalists of the Difference Maker Diversity Awards
Over 45 people attended the State of the Nation event which celebrates the achievements of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program and winners of the Difference Maker Diversity Awards which recognises one person and one organisation who are championing diversity on boards. On behalf of Community Vision, Greg Martin Chair – […]
CONGRATULATIONS! To all the Finalists and Nominees of the Difference Maker Diversity Awards
What are Difference Maker Diversity Awards? Our Difference Maker Diversity Awards is a State award that looks for and recognises a board and individual director in the WA Not for Profit sector who are really seeking to engage with people who bring a different perspective. The Difference Maker Diversity Awards highlight those who have taken […]
Congratulate the Graduates of ELGP 2018
Last night we congratulated the ELGP Graduates of 2018! Please find below their video snapshots of the program and their group projects. You can check out their biographies here. They have also worked very hard to create five exceptional projects that will be added to the online resource toolkit. You may download and distribute them […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW