2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
It’s that time of the year again where we will be opening applications for the 2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program very soon. Please take the time to read the information here carefully before you consider applying.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2017) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our information night
Date: 22nd November 2016
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explore the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms are available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 23 November to the 20 December 2016. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2016.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Stakeholder engagement: a quick guide for community boards
Carly West, Bindi Shah, Karess Dias and Aman Singh When thinking about stakeholder engagement, are you able to identify the difference between the role of the board and that of management? Do you have a board framework for thinking about stakeholder engagement in a strategic manner? Are you able to ask the right questions in […]
ELGP Applications now open
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the next Emerging Leaders in Governance program (Feb – May 2020). Please circulate this to your networks. The application form can be accessed here. Please ensure you have read the Program Prospectus BEFORE applying. Applications are open until the close of business […]
Innovation: The leadership and governance role of NFP Boards
Innovation is more than just a buzzword; it is the key to improving leadership on non-for-profit (NFP) boards and securing a bright future for the aged care and community sectors. Despite the benefits that innovation can have on NFP organisations, it is unfortunately widely underutilised or misunderstood. As not all boards may be aware or […]