2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
It’s that time of the year again where we will be opening applications for the 2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program very soon. Please take the time to read the information here carefully before you consider applying.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2017) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our information night
Date: 22nd November 2016
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explore the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms are available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 23 November to the 20 December 2016. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2016.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Congratulations to the ELGP 2023 Spring Graduates!
On 22nd November, we congratulated the ELGP 2023 Spring cohort at their Graduation ceremony! Participants shared their reflections on the elements of the program including learning about governance topics, the personal leadership retreat, learning about the NFP sector and future aspirations as well as sharing their heartful gratitude to their program coaches and facilitators. Both […]
Applications for the 2024 ELGP program are now open
It’s that time again! We are looking for incredible young leaders to apply for the 2024 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (scholarships available!). Our ELGP alumni have been appointed onto the boards such as Rise, Palmerston, Swancare, ASeTTS, Victoria Park Community Centre, The Spiers Centre, Avivo and MIFWA, just to name a few! Applications for […]
Introducing our new Coaches for the Spring Program 2023
We are excited to announce two coaches, Dr Rita Kleinfeld-Fowell and Clare Gibellini, who will be joining us for the ELGP Spring program specifically for young women with disabilities. They will play an important support role during the program for participants. Find out more about our new coaches below: Dr Rita Kleinfeld-Fowell (she/her) Rita is […]