2019 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring community Board director? Or do you know someone who is?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative.
The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from January – May 2019) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector. Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award-winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP). Before you apply please carefully read all the information outlined below.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including aged care, health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, committee or board member.
- come from different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat and completing all the course work.
Want to know more? Then come to our Information Night.
Date: 21st November 2018
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website here from the 22 November to the 18 December 2018. The application deadline is COB on the 18 December 2018. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2019.
Diversity Winner, Community Vision shares their formula for success
It was Charles Darwin who famously stated that strength and intelligence were not the most important drivers of survival and success in the animal kingdom, but instead it was adaptability to change. The same can also be said for the corporate kingdom, which is a reality that organisations in the Aged Care and Disability sectors […]
ELGP 2019 Launch
We were excited to have a packed room to help launch the 2019 Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) on the 30th January. The participants got an opportunity to meet and share about themselves in front of the Community Partners and guests. We were also privileged to have Ruah CEO and President of WACOSS, Debra […]
Diversity Award Winner, Cate Rocchi, Chair of Linkwest Tells Her Story
In 2018, Cate Rocchi, who has recently stepped down as Chair of Linkwest, after four years on the board, won the Difference Makers Diversity Award. Cate is the Managing Director of Perth Media and has a large family. Despite a busy schedule, she wanted to give back to the Western Australian community so she found […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW