2019 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring community Board director? Or do you know someone who is?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative.
The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from January – May 2019) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector. Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award-winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP). Before you apply please carefully read all the information outlined below.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including aged care, health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, committee or board member.
- come from different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat and completing all the course work.
Want to know more? Then come to our Information Night.
Date: 21st November 2018
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website here from the 22 November to the 18 December 2018. The application deadline is COB on the 18 December 2018. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2019.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS ON BOARD
We are very proud of our ELGP 2021 graduates who have developed the exceptional project that explores the Behavioral Problems on Board. When you bring together a group of individuals who have different personalities, carry a variety of skill sets, and who come from different backgrounds, there are inevitably going to be challenges in how that […]
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – INVOLVEMENT OF THE BOARD IN DEVELOPING A VISION AND PURPOSE, AND CREATING A STRATEGY FOR A NON FOR PROFIT
Well done to our ELGP 2021 participants who have done an amazing job on preparing the project that explores the topic of Involvement of the Board in Developing a Vision and Purpose and Creating a Strategy for a Not for Profit. Having a strategic lens is one of the key functions of a Board Director, however a Board’s responsibility also extends to creating and embedding a vision, purpose and strategy. This e-book provides aspiring […]
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – MAKING DECISIONS ON BOARDS FOR EMERGING LEADERS IN GOVERNANCE
Our ELGP 2021 graduates project discussed the topic of decision-making on Boards for Emerging Leaders in Governance. The e-book created by our participants supports emerging leaders on aged care and community boards to make better decisions. For emerging leaders on a community board, making decisions can be a nerve wracking and daunting experience. This e-book provides useful tools and processes to build decision-making confidence. This is achieved through […]