2019 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring community Board director? Or do you know someone who is?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative.
The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from January – May 2019) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector. Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award-winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP). Before you apply please carefully read all the information outlined below.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including aged care, health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, committee or board member.
- come from different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat and completing all the course work.
Want to know more? Then come to our Information Night.
Date: 21st November 2018
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website here from the 22 November to the 18 December 2018. The application deadline is COB on the 18 December 2018. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2019.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Is a merger right for my board? A guide for not-for-profit boards considering mergers and other forms of collaborations
Everyone is talking about mergers …but is a merger right for my not-for-profit board? If you have ever considered this question – your board is certainly not alone. Close to a third of Australia’s not-for-profit (NFP) Board Directors have discussed a merger as a potential form of collaboration at some point in the organisation’s history. […]
How can boards lead beyond the boardroom? The concept of board members as brand ambassadors
The landscape in the not-for-profit sector is changing and so, too, must the way we think about what leadership means in the twenty-first century. Boards now face a future that looks nothing like the past – the rapid growth of technology now means that now must consider different approaches for thinking about the role directors […]
How is aged care in Australia changing? Employment diversity in the aged care sector
The concern for many aged care providers today is how to cater their services towards a growing aged care population, while ensuring that the workforce is able to support both present and future demand. As the number of people aged 85 and over is expected to be five times larger by 2051, this creates […]