2020 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
Each year we offer 20 places to emerging leaders to undertake the award winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. If you are interested in applying, please carefully read all the information outlined below.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2020) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our Information night
Date: 6th November 2019
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 7 November to the 22 November 2019. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 22 November. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by mid December 2019.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
ELGP welcomes everyone. Board diversity needs to include people with disability.
Since the inception of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program (EYLACCB) we have championed diversity in all its forms on boards. Every year, when applications open for the annual Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) it’s an opportunity to encourage those from diverse backgrounds with community board aspirations to apply. […]
Congratulations to the ELGP 2020 Graduates!
Last week, we congratulated the ELGP graduates of 2020 with our first ever virtual graduation. Unsurprisingly, it has been a very unique ELGP experience this year. We were fortunate that participants got to start their program as normal, with their breakfast launch, site visits and weekend retreat all occurring in person. However, participants were challenged […]
2020 ELGP Participants revealed
In our eighth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2020 Emerging Leaders in Governance program. Many of these participants are provided with scholarships to attend the program due to the funding provided by Community Partners. As you’ll read below, this group has exceptional professional skills and a keen […]