ELGP Applications Closed for 2017 – Successful Applicants Invited to Accept a Scholarship
Applications are now closed for the 2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Over 40 young professionals applied for the 2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. We have selected and invited 20 to accept a place.
We were looking for applicants who have:
- a strong interest in serving on a community board after the program. So having an understanding of what causes/organisations you would like to serve and why is a plus!
- a strong interest and deep commitment to volunteering in the past. Please show us what you have done to demonstrate your commitment to becoming a board director and serving your community.
- a skill set/experience/network/team behaviours that is useful to a board. Tell us why you would be a strong board director candidate.
- a commitment to give 110% to the program and alumni – be available to complete all aspects of the program and become a great ambassador for us. Are you a good learner, open to new ideas and people and implement what you learn?
2016 Annual Report – What have we achieved?
It’s been a busy and successful 2016 as we held two well attended Unconventions and held our 4th Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. In 2016, 100% of the participants graduated from the program and many have since taken on positions on Community boards. Here’s a snapshot some of the boards they are now serving:
Frieda Orr – Board Director, Phoenix Support and Advocacy
Joshua Sacks – Committee Member, Bethany Services Review Committee
Elizabeth White – Board Trainee, Linkwest
Rachael West – Board Trainee, Southcare
Chloe Marshall – Board Trainee, Baptistcare
Adrian Gallo – Council of Governors, YMCA WA; Non-Executive Director, Hepatitis WA; Director, Mental Illness Fellowship of Western Australia
Claire Stokes – Board Director, Globe Town Project and Board Trainee, Rise
Amber-Rose Currie – Board Trainee, Southcare
Clementine Kohler – Board Director, Rotary Como International
Natasha McCarthy – Board Director and Treasurer, Adoption Research and Counseling Services; Board Director, Western Australian Youth Orchestras
Kim Hocking – Board Trainee, Swancare
Community Partners would have received the 2016 Annual report in the mail. You can also access it online here.
Save the Dates – 2017 (Plus Call for Unconvention Event Partners)
Our two Unconventions for 2017 will be on the 14th March and the 15th August. We have big exciting plans to grow these events in 2017 and are calling for event partners from the business, education, government and NFP sectors.
Community Partners will also be invited to the following dates for the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program:
- ELGP Launch Breakfast – 8th February, 7 – 8.30am
- ELGP Networking Evening – 29th March, 6 – 8.30pm
- ELGP CEO/Board Directors Panel – 26th April, 6 – 8.30pm
- ELGP Graduation – 17th May, 6-8.30pm
CONGRATULATIONS to all the Finalists and Nominees of the Difference Maker Diversity Awards
What are the Difference Maker Diversity Awards? Our Difference Maker Diversity Awards is a State award that looks for and recognises a board and individual director in the WA Not for Profit sector who are really seeking to engage with people who bring a different perspective. The Difference Maker Diversity Awards highlight those who have […]
Congratulations to the ELGP 2019 Graduates!
Last night we congratulated the ELGP graduates of 2019 at a beautiful Graduation ceremony! Please find below their video snapshots of the program and their group projects. They have also worked very hard to create five exceptional projects that will be added to the online resource toolkit. You may download and distribute them here. […]
Diversity Winner, Community Vision shares their formula for success
It was Charles Darwin who famously stated that strength and intelligence were not the most important drivers of survival and success in the animal kingdom, but instead it was adaptability to change. The same can also be said for the corporate kingdom, which is a reality that organisations in the Aged Care and Disability sectors […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW