ELGP Applications Closed for 2017 – Successful Applicants Invited to Accept a Scholarship
Applications are now closed for the 2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Over 40 young professionals applied for the 2017 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. We have selected and invited 20 to accept a place.
We were looking for applicants who have:
- a strong interest in serving on a community board after the program. So having an understanding of what causes/organisations you would like to serve and why is a plus!
- a strong interest and deep commitment to volunteering in the past. Please show us what you have done to demonstrate your commitment to becoming a board director and serving your community.
- a skill set/experience/network/team behaviours that is useful to a board. Tell us why you would be a strong board director candidate.
- a commitment to give 110% to the program and alumni – be available to complete all aspects of the program and become a great ambassador for us. Are you a good learner, open to new ideas and people and implement what you learn?
2016 Annual Report – What have we achieved?
It’s been a busy and successful 2016 as we held two well attended Unconventions and held our 4th Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. In 2016, 100% of the participants graduated from the program and many have since taken on positions on Community boards. Here’s a snapshot some of the boards they are now serving:
Frieda Orr – Board Director, Phoenix Support and Advocacy
Joshua Sacks – Committee Member, Bethany Services Review Committee
Elizabeth White – Board Trainee, Linkwest
Rachael West – Board Trainee, Southcare
Chloe Marshall – Board Trainee, Baptistcare
Adrian Gallo – Council of Governors, YMCA WA; Non-Executive Director, Hepatitis WA; Director, Mental Illness Fellowship of Western Australia
Claire Stokes – Board Director, Globe Town Project and Board Trainee, Rise
Amber-Rose Currie – Board Trainee, Southcare
Clementine Kohler – Board Director, Rotary Como International
Natasha McCarthy – Board Director and Treasurer, Adoption Research and Counseling Services; Board Director, Western Australian Youth Orchestras
Kim Hocking – Board Trainee, Swancare
Community Partners would have received the 2016 Annual report in the mail. You can also access it online here.
Save the Dates – 2017 (Plus Call for Unconvention Event Partners)
Our two Unconventions for 2017 will be on the 14th March and the 15th August. We have big exciting plans to grow these events in 2017 and are calling for event partners from the business, education, government and NFP sectors.
Community Partners will also be invited to the following dates for the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program:
- ELGP Launch Breakfast – 8th February, 7 – 8.30am
- ELGP Networking Evening – 29th March, 6 – 8.30pm
- ELGP CEO/Board Directors Panel – 26th April, 6 – 8.30pm
- ELGP Graduation – 17th May, 6-8.30pm
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
2021 ELGP Spring Participants revealed
In our ninth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2021 Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. This incredible cohort joins the ELGP family with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and […]
Introducing our new Coaches for the Spring Program
We are excited to announce two coaches, Brooke O’Donnell and Grace Mugabe, who will be joining us for the ELGP Spring program for young women who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or from a culturally and linguistically diverse background. They will play an important support role during the program for participants. Find out […]
INTERVIEW WITH KATH SNELL, DIFFERENCE MAKERS AWARD WINNER
It is difficult to describe a person as dynamic as Kath Snell, more than a CEO she is a lifelong learner who is continually striving to make a positive impact in the lives of others. Sitting in a coffee shop on a chilly winter afternoon, Kath Snell and I sat down to talk about the […]