Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me firstname.lastname@example.org.
Diversity Winner, Community Vision shares their formula for success
It was Charles Darwin who famously stated that strength and intelligence were not the most important drivers of survival and success in the animal kingdom, but instead it was adaptability to change. The same can also be said for the corporate kingdom, which is a reality that organisations in the Aged Care and Disability sectors […]
ELGP 2019 Launch
We were excited to have a packed room to help launch the 2019 Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) on the 30th January. The participants got an opportunity to meet and share about themselves in front of the Community Partners and guests. We were also privileged to have Ruah CEO and President of WACOSS, Debra […]
Diversity Award Winner, Cate Rocchi, Chair of Linkwest Tells Her Story
In 2018, Cate Rocchi, who has recently stepped down as Chair of Linkwest, after four years on the board, won the Difference Makers Diversity Award. Cate is the Managing Director of Perth Media and has a large family. Despite a busy schedule, she wanted to give back to the Western Australian community so she found […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW