Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Congratulations to the ELGP 2023 Spring Graduates!
On 22nd November, we congratulated the ELGP 2023 Spring cohort at their Graduation ceremony! Participants shared their reflections on the elements of the program including learning about governance topics, the personal leadership retreat, learning about the NFP sector and future aspirations as well as sharing their heartful gratitude to their program coaches and facilitators. Both […]
Applications for the 2024 ELGP program are now open
It’s that time again! We are looking for incredible young leaders to apply for the 2024 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (scholarships available!). Our ELGP alumni have been appointed onto the boards such as Rise, Palmerston, Swancare, ASeTTS, Victoria Park Community Centre, The Spiers Centre, Avivo and MIFWA, just to name a few! Applications for […]
Introducing our new Coaches for the Spring Program 2023
We are excited to announce two coaches, Dr Rita Kleinfeld-Fowell and Clare Gibellini, who will be joining us for the ELGP Spring program specifically for young women with disabilities. They will play an important support role during the program for participants. Find out more about our new coaches below: Dr Rita Kleinfeld-Fowell (she/her) Rita is […]