Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Stakeholder engagement: a quick guide for community boards
Carly West, Bindi Shah, Karess Dias and Aman Singh When thinking about stakeholder engagement, are you able to identify the difference between the role of the board and that of management? Do you have a board framework for thinking about stakeholder engagement in a strategic manner? Are you able to ask the right questions in […]
ELGP Applications now open
We are delighted to announce that applications are now open for the next Emerging Leaders in Governance program (Feb – May 2020). Please circulate this to your networks. The application form can be accessed here. Please ensure you have read the Program Prospectus BEFORE applying. Applications are open until the close of business […]
Innovation: The leadership and governance role of NFP Boards
Innovation is more than just a buzzword; it is the key to improving leadership on non-for-profit (NFP) boards and securing a bright future for the aged care and community sectors. Despite the benefits that innovation can have on NFP organisations, it is unfortunately widely underutilised or misunderstood. As not all boards may be aware or […]