Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
2020 ELGP Participants revealed
In our eighth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2020 Emerging Leaders in Governance program. Many of these participants are provided with scholarships to attend the program due to the funding provided by Community Partners. As you’ll read below, this group has exceptional professional skills and a keen […]
What have we achieved? 2019 Annual Report Released
We are excited to share the 2019 Annual Report for the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program. Thank you again for all the support of Community Partners who make this program a reality in our sector! […]
Is a merger right for my board? A guide for not-for-profit boards considering mergers and other forms of collaborations
Everyone is talking about mergers …but is a merger right for my not-for-profit board? If you have ever considered this question – your board is certainly not alone. Close to a third of Australia’s not-for-profit (NFP) Board Directors have discussed a merger as a potential form of collaboration at some point in the organisation’s history. […]