Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
2021 ELGP Spring Participants revealed
In our ninth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2021 Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women and women from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds. This incredible cohort joins the ELGP family with support from the Department of the Prime Minister and […]
Introducing our new Coaches for the Spring Program
We are excited to announce two coaches, Brooke O’Donnell and Grace Mugabe, who will be joining us for the ELGP Spring program for young women who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander or from a culturally and linguistically diverse background. They will play an important support role during the program for participants. Find out […]
INTERVIEW WITH KATH SNELL, DIFFERENCE MAKERS AWARD WINNER
It is difficult to describe a person as dynamic as Kath Snell, more than a CEO she is a lifelong learner who is continually striving to make a positive impact in the lives of others. Sitting in a coffee shop on a chilly winter afternoon, Kath Snell and I sat down to talk about the […]