Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) Annual Report 2018
It is with great pleasure that we are able to post our EYLACCB Annual Report for 2018.
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 41 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 120 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 116 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 75 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 27 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 406 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions, we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2018 Graduates. They include:
- Diversifying Boards: Beyond Tokenism
- The Business Benefits of ELGP Placement on Boards
- Creating an Effective Board Culture: A Best Practice Guide
- The Role of Boards in Governing Organisational Culture in the West Australian Not-For-Profit Sector
- An Innovation Tool Kit – to assist boards in cultivating innovation during the strategic planning process
We are excited about 2019 – we have had over 50 young professionals attend the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program Information Evening on the 21st November 2018.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact me at Southcare on 94506233 or email me email@example.com.
CONGRATULATIONS to all the Finalists and Nominees of the Difference Maker Diversity Awards
What are the Difference Maker Diversity Awards? Our Difference Maker Diversity Awards is a State award that looks for and recognises a board and individual director in the WA Not for Profit sector who are really seeking to engage with people who bring a different perspective. The Difference Maker Diversity Awards highlight those who have […]
Congratulations to the ELGP 2019 Graduates!
Last night we congratulated the ELGP graduates of 2019 at a beautiful Graduation ceremony! Please find below their video snapshots of the program and their group projects. They have also worked very hard to create five exceptional projects that will be added to the online resource toolkit. You may download and distribute them here. […]
Diversity Winner, Community Vision shares their formula for success
It was Charles Darwin who famously stated that strength and intelligence were not the most important drivers of survival and success in the animal kingdom, but instead it was adaptability to change. The same can also be said for the corporate kingdom, which is a reality that organisations in the Aged Care and Disability sectors […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW