What have we achieved? 2019 Annual Report Released
We are excited to share the 2019 Annual Report for the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program.
Thank you again for all the support of Community Partners who make this program a reality in our sector!
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 39 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 140 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 136 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 87 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 29 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 432 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions (well done Palmerston and Jane Chilcott for winning the Difference Maker Diversity Awards this year), we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2019 Graduates. They include:
- All Aboard: Why Board Inductions are Vital
- Ethical Decision-Making: Practical Tips for Not-For-Profit (NFP) Boards
- Stakeholder Engagement: A Quick Guide for Community Board Directors
- Digital Food for Thought: What’s Your Board’s Appetite for Social Media?
- Board Evaluation: A Practical Guide for Evaluating Boards as a Collective in the NFP Sector
We are excited about what 2020 will bring for the program.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact Southcare on 94506233 or email Program Director, Dr Nicky Howe at email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Introducing our new Coaches for the Spring Program 2022
We are excited to announce two coaches, Alyce Schotte and Aish Srinivas, who will be joining us for the ELGP Spring program specifically for young women who identify as LGBTIQ+* to participate (*This means LGBTIQ+ women who identify or may be perceived as women in the workplace. This includes cisgender women, transgender women, and non-binary […]
2022 ELGP Spring Participants revealed
In our tenth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2022 Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) Spring program for LGBTIQ+ women and non binary people thanks to funding from the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet’s Office for Women. As you’ll read below, this cohort has exceptional […]
Why do we need more LGBTIQ+ women on Boards?
🌈 LGBTIQ+ women constitute a meaningful proportion of Western Australia (Australian Human Rights Commission estimates 11% of Australians are LGBTIQ+) but are underrepresented in leadership and board positions. Research from PWC and Pride in Diversity found that LGBTIQ+ women are 12% less likely to be out at work than LGBTIQ+ men, and one in five leave […]