What have we achieved? 2019 Annual Report Released
We are excited to share the 2019 Annual Report for the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program.
Thank you again for all the support of Community Partners who make this program a reality in our sector!
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 39 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 140 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 136 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 87 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 29 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 432 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions (well done Palmerston and Jane Chilcott for winning the Difference Maker Diversity Awards this year), we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2019 Graduates. They include:
- All Aboard: Why Board Inductions are Vital
- Ethical Decision-Making: Practical Tips for Not-For-Profit (NFP) Boards
- Stakeholder Engagement: A Quick Guide for Community Board Directors
- Digital Food for Thought: What’s Your Board’s Appetite for Social Media?
- Board Evaluation: A Practical Guide for Evaluating Boards as a Collective in the NFP Sector
We are excited about what 2020 will bring for the program.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact Southcare on 94506233 or email Program Director, Dr Nicky Howe at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
ELGP welcomes everyone. Board diversity needs to include people with disability.
Since the inception of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program (EYLACCB) we have championed diversity in all its forms on boards. Every year, when applications open for the annual Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) it’s an opportunity to encourage those from diverse backgrounds with community board aspirations to apply. […]
Congratulations to the ELGP 2020 Graduates!
Last week, we congratulated the ELGP graduates of 2020 with our first ever virtual graduation. Unsurprisingly, it has been a very unique ELGP experience this year. We were fortunate that participants got to start their program as normal, with their breakfast launch, site visits and weekend retreat all occurring in person. However, participants were challenged […]
2020 ELGP Participants revealed
In our eighth year of the program, we are delighted to reveal the participants of the 2020 Emerging Leaders in Governance program. Many of these participants are provided with scholarships to attend the program due to the funding provided by Community Partners. As you’ll read below, this group has exceptional professional skills and a keen […]