What have we achieved? 2019 Annual Report Released
We are excited to share the 2019 Annual Report for the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program.
Thank you again for all the support of Community Partners who make this program a reality in our sector!
We are delighted with the success of the program this year and acknowledge that this success is due to the leadership, commitment and contribution our Community Partners and supporters who provide both financial and in-kind support throughout the year.
This has been another year of achievements.
- 39 Community Partners are sponsoring the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Board (EYLACCB) Program.
- 140 ELGP scholarships offered since the program’s inception in 2013.
- 136 Young professionals have graduated from the ELGP since 2013.
- 87 Board Director Positions have been taken up by ELGP graduates in aged care, health, mental health, disability, drug and alcohol, education, training and peak body groups.
- 29 ELGP Graduates have secured Board Traineeship positions.
- 432 eMembers on the program website youngleaderonboards.com.au
We have increased the number of young professionals on our boards, we have awarded and recognised Board Diversity Champions (well done Palmerston and Jane Chilcott for winning the Difference Maker Diversity Awards this year), we have learned together and we have presented a strong business case for why Boards need director diversity.
We have also added 5 Projects to our toolkit that were undertaken by the ELGP 2019 Graduates. They include:
- All Aboard: Why Board Inductions are Vital
- Ethical Decision-Making: Practical Tips for Not-For-Profit (NFP) Boards
- Stakeholder Engagement: A Quick Guide for Community Board Directors
- Digital Food for Thought: What’s Your Board’s Appetite for Social Media?
- Board Evaluation: A Practical Guide for Evaluating Boards as a Collective in the NFP Sector
We are excited about what 2020 will bring for the program.
If you are interested in finding out more about the program check out our website or contact Southcare on 94506233 or email Program Director, Dr Nicky Howe at email@example.com.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – BEHAVIORAL PROBLEMS ON BOARD
We are very proud of our ELGP 2021 graduates who have developed the exceptional project that explores the Behavioral Problems on Board. When you bring together a group of individuals who have different personalities, carry a variety of skill sets, and who come from different backgrounds, there are inevitably going to be challenges in how that […]
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – INVOLVEMENT OF THE BOARD IN DEVELOPING A VISION AND PURPOSE, AND CREATING A STRATEGY FOR A NON FOR PROFIT
Well done to our ELGP 2021 participants who have done an amazing job on preparing the project that explores the topic of Involvement of the Board in Developing a Vision and Purpose and Creating a Strategy for a Not for Profit. Having a strategic lens is one of the key functions of a Board Director, however a Board’s responsibility also extends to creating and embedding a vision, purpose and strategy. This e-book provides aspiring […]
ELGP 2021 PROJECT – MAKING DECISIONS ON BOARDS FOR EMERGING LEADERS IN GOVERNANCE
Our ELGP 2021 graduates project discussed the topic of decision-making on Boards for Emerging Leaders in Governance. The e-book created by our participants supports emerging leaders on aged care and community boards to make better decisions. For emerging leaders on a community board, making decisions can be a nerve wracking and daunting experience. This e-book provides useful tools and processes to build decision-making confidence. This is achieved through […]