2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. If you are interested in applying, please carefully read all the information outlined below.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2018) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our Information night
Date: 29th November 2017
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 30 November to the 20 December 2017. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2018.
Five Reasons to Nominate for the 2018 Difference Maker Diversity Awards
I was speaking with a colleague the other day about the Difference Maker Diversity Awards, she said that she was a bit too busy to stop and think about this award opportunity. I was thinking that whilst I understand we are all busy, I also thought how we don’t do ourselves any favours when we […]
Top 20 Insights from the April Unconvention on Strategy and Design
About me! Penelope Wakefield Graduated from the program in 2016 Currently Governance Manager and Company Secretary at Therapy Focus, studying a post-graduate diploma in applied Corporate Governance, championing age diversity as a President of a local Soroptimist club, and a member of the Emerging Leaders in Governance Alumni Committee. Passionate about governance, diversity, and social […]
Why are the Difference Maker Diversity Awards Important?
In 2017 we established the Difference Maker Diversity Awards as a key strategy to acknowledge people who were champing diversity on boards. I remember at the time being asked why it was important. This question gave me the occasion to explain why I think awards like this are so vital in supporting change. Our world […]
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW