2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. If you are interested in applying, please carefully read all the information outlined below.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2018) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our Information night
Date: 29th November 2017
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 30 November to the 20 December 2017. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2018.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
Congratulations to the ELGP 2022 Graduates!
On May 10th, we congratulated the ELGP graduates of 2022 at a beautiful Graduation ceremony. Please find below their video snapshots of the program. Our young emerging leaders have also worked very hard to create four exceptional projects that will be added to the online resource toolkit. Please refer to the links below to download […]
Connection and Collaboration at Its Best
Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) attracts and develops young leaders, creating opportunities for them to use their talents to increase diversity on Boards in the aged care and community sector. It also creates opportunities for Emerging Leaders In Governance Program (ELGP) participants and leaders of the sector to come together […]
Unconvention March 2022 (Pushing Limits: Exploring Board Strategy and Risk)
What an incredible online Unconvention we had! It only seemed fitting that this Unconvention’s topic was Pushing Limits: Exploring Board Strategy and Risk after all the challenges the sector has been faced over the last 2 years due to Covid, funding cuts, workforce shortages and increases in demand for services. Below you can […]