2018 Emerging Leaders in Governance Program
Are you an aspiring Board director? Or know someone who is?
Each year we offer 20 scholarships to emerging leaders to undertake the award winning Emerging Leaders in Governance Program. If you are interested in applying, please carefully read all the information outlined below.
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) is one of three components of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards initiative. The ELGP is an innovative 4-month program (running from February – May 2018) that pioneers the engagement of young leaders (under 40) on the Boards and Committees in the aged care and community sector.
Who we are looking for?
The Emerging Leaders in Governance Program is looking for committed participants, under 40 years old, who:
- have a strong interest in serving the aged care and community sector – including health, disabilities, youth, education, environment, poverty alleviation and more!
- have a desire to develop their leadership and Board directorship skills to be able to give back to their community.
- have some experience as a volunteer, Board or Committee member.
- come from all different work industries, backgrounds and have diverse interests.
- are committed to securing a Board or Committee position within the aged care and community sector in the same year as completing the program (this will be the responsibility of the participant, not the program).
- are committed to attending the entire program including weekly evening workshops, Saturday sessions and a weekend retreat.
Come to our Information night
Date: 29th November 2017
Venue: Southcare Central, corner of Pether rd and Bickley cres, Manning
Times: 6 – 7pm
On the night, we will explain the program structure, the expectations of participants, and run through the application process. It is a great opportunity to hear more about the program and ask any questions of the facilitators.
Get ready for applications
Application forms will be available on the project website – www.youngleadersonboards.com.au from the 30 November to the 20 December 2017. Therefore the application deadline is COB on the 20 December. Applications will be assessed and applicants notified by early January 2018.
BECOME A MEMBER
Receive our news, events and other special offers to your emailSIGN UP NOW
ELGP 2020 Projects
As part of the Emerging Leaders in Governance Program (ELGP) 2020, participants have worked in groups to produce these four exceptional projects on the subject of improving diversity in board governance. The topics covered are: A Digestible Guide on Risk Appetite for New Board Members Compose a More Effective Board Develop Strategies for a Successful […]
Annual Report Released: Our Achievements for 2020
Many thanks to our supportive Community Partners who make our Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards (EYLACCB) program a reality, we are proud to share the program’s achievements for this year in our latest 2020 Annual Report. We acknowledge that the success of EYLACCB 2020 is due to the commitment and contribution from our Community Partners and supporters. This has been […]
ELGP welcomes everyone. Board diversity needs to include people with disability.
Since the inception of the Engaging Young Leaders on Aged Care and Community Boards program (EYLACCB) we have championed diversity in all its forms on boards. Every year, when applications open for the annual Emerging Leaders in Governance program (ELGP) it’s an opportunity to encourage those from diverse backgrounds with community board aspirations to apply. […]